David Belle is the father of Parkour.
In a way, we have to thank him for the existence of Damien Walters. While Damien might have perfected the sport, David invented parkour. Yes, invented it.
Nearly 40 years old, Belle, born in France, began practicing and training parkour at just 11 years old. After completingin a mandatory period of service in the military, David practiced Kung Fu in India and continued to practice Parkour and eventually brought it to the mainstream through a news feature by the Stage 2 team in France.
Since, David’s been featured in films like Babylon A.D, District 13 and Femme Fatale.
David even invented the name “traceur” to describe practicitioners of the sport. Yup, we Nerve Rush, along with all the other parkour fans all over the world salute you David. Thank you.
Interviews & Articles about David Belle
- http://www.davidbelle.com/index.php – Official website of Belle.
- http://parkourpedia.com/about/interviews-and-articles-of-interest/david-belle-interview – An interview of David Belle.
- http://www.youtube.com/tirol – Video that recently surfaced of David Belle and Cyril Raffaelli in Austria! Unique in its filming, location, and style, this video is a testament to the wide reaching variably dynamic nature of Parkour as well as the longevity of its founder who, at 37, obviously still doesn’t miss a step.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoCWSmxKN4 – An interview with belle at Berlin.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWneBIz6ATg – A video considered to be one of the best interviews of Belle.
- http://www.misterparkour.com/wordpress/david-belle-video-transcript/ – A transcript of David Belle’s video on Youtube but the video itself was removed.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/david-belle-twitter-interview/ – Twittter interview of Belle part 1.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/david-belle-twitter-interview-ii/ – Twittter interview of Belle part 2.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/david-belle-twitter-qa-iii/ – Twittter interview of Belle part 3.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/stay-humble-david-belle-doesnt-owe-you-anything-part-1-of-3/ – Part 1 of a blog about David Belle being the founder of parkour.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/stay-humble-david-belle-doesnt-owe-you-anything-part-2-of-3/#more-4789 – Part 2 of a blog about David Belle being the founder of parkour.
- http://www.takeflightapparel.com/blog/stay-humble-david-belle-doesnt-owe-you-anything-part-3-of-3/ – Last part of the blog bout David Belle being the founder of parkour.