- Born: 1975
- Weight: 200 lbs
- Occupation: Navy SEAL, former Tactical Air Control Party member
- Hobbies: ultra marathon running, doing an insane amount of pull ups
- Official Website: DavidGoggins.com
- Social Media: Twitter / Instagram / Facebook
David Goggins might just be the fittest man on Earth.
Born in 1975, this beast of a man started running to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project after seeing several friends die in action. In just two months, he lost 100 pounds to become a Navy SEAL.
He picked the most challenging race he could think of and started racing.
At 280 lbs and no endurance experience, he just went after it.
While recognizing his own arrogance, he also admits that he doesn’t even enjoy the runs:
It’s a gesture from me, letting the families know their husbands or daughters did not die in vain.
What’s funny is that people do not believe me. I try to tell them the only reason I do it is to raise money for the foundation.
People respond to pain. If I go out and wash cars for $10, who gives a damn? People want to see you throw up, cry and go through tremendous suffering.
The more you learn about David Goggins, the more you can’t help but be amazed at his absolute endurance and unflinching desire to simply keep going. He also is working on setting the world record for most consecutive pull ups.
Check out all the resources for David Goggins below.
Major Races & Accomplishments
2008 – Kona Ironman World Championship – 11:24:01
2008 – MiWok 100k Race – 9:55:19
2007 – Leadville 100 – 22:15:36
2007 – Badwater Ultra – 25:49:40
2006 – Ultraman World Championship – 41:23:00
2006 – Badwater Ultra Marathon – 30:18:54
2006 – San Diego 100 Mi – 21:21:00
24 Hour World Record Pull up Attempt
In 2012, David twice attempted to complete the 24 hour world record for pull ups by surpassing 4020. He failed twice.
Nerve Rush Articles on David Goggins
- Human 2.0: The Long Run
- David Goggins Attempts 24 Hour Pull Up World Record on Today Show
- David Goggins retried 24 Hour Pull Up World Record Attempt
Human 2.0: David Goggins
Runs 450 Miles a Month
David Goggins 2007 Badwater Ultramarathon
David Goggins Interview: Kona Ironman World Championships
Fittest Real Athletes
David Goggins 2007 Badwater Slideshow
Text Interviews & Articles about David Goggins
- http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/An_interview_with_US_Navy_Seal_David_Goggins_580.html – interview with Navy SEAL David Goggins about his colorful career as a military man and also a runner.
- http://triathlete-europe.competitor.com/2010/05/14/david-goggins-toughest-athlete-planet/ – article about Goggins detailing his accomplishments as an athlete.
- http://allswagga.com/blog/2010/07/29/david-goggins-show-no-weakness/ – some words of encouragement from David Goggins.
- http://davidgoggins.blogspot.com/ – David’s personal blog where he documents his personal opinions.
- http://www.stripes.com/news/special-reports/he-epitomizes-what-a-seal-is-1.105742 – Goggins is considered a hero beyond the battlefield.
- http://moja2run.blogspot.com/2008/10/david-goggins-video.html – this article praises the accomplishments of Goggins.
- http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-243-560–12944-0,00.html – a Navy SEAL pushes himself to maniacal lengths to raise money for veterans’ families.
- http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/running/Fittest-Real-Athletes—150–David-Goggins.html – how Goggins got started in running.
- http://newhopeforaging.info/why-dave-goggins-doesnt-stop-when-facing-pain – giving anti-aging lessons from an elite ultra marathoner.
- http://www.ultracentric.com/blog/2007/11/2007-ultracentric-race-results/ – a recap on the 2007 UltraCentric Race.
- http://pages.minot.k12.nd.us/votech/File/resources/davidmcc.htm – Goggins goes to Magic City Campus to encourage young athletes to become better.
- http://www.thefitnesschamp.com/home/2011/1/2/fitness-spotlight-david-goggins.html – an article about David Goggins’ story.
- http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=46876 – story of a navy seal recruiter who finished strong in Badwater Ultramarathon.
Audio Interview with David Goggins
- http://www.sealswcc.com/navy-seal-interviews.aspx#.UDJDn6niZVU – a Navy SEAL podcast interview of David Goggins.
Video Interviews & Footage of David Goggins
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eltcS-qXr2k – interview of David Goggins prior to the 2008 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJNmE0tcul4 – interview of Goggins wherein he discusses his experiences with ultramarathons.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kidOBV7yxY&feature=related – a video showing David Goggins running through the dessert in a monologue.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHo8BpU9XCw – Goggins being interviewed after he finished third in the 2007 Badwater Ultramarathon. He shares his experiences in the race which lasted 25 hours and 49 minutes.
- http://www.maximisepotential.co.uk/david-goggins-ultimate-endurance-athlete/ – Goggins shown before and during a race.
- http://www.greatamericans.com/video/Athlete-Interview-David-Goggins – interview of David Goggins prior to the 2008 Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii where he raised money for the Special Operations Warrior Foundation.
- A Beginner’s Guide to Flyboarding - 4 August, 2015
- EXCLUSIVE: David Goggins 24-Hour Pull Up World Record: Take #2 - 20 November, 2012
- Lenore Capsule Ignoble Bags Review - 13 November, 2012
I was wondering if David goggens would ever to help me get in shape for joining the navy seals please contact me 518-673-5151. My names Jeremy Kane
David I hope all is well hit me with an email when you have time.
I have a son who served five years in the Marines he has been out for about 4 years.. He got tattoos and now the Marines will not take him back.. He is going to the Navy recruiter this week..all of his tattoos are unit related when he was in the marines.. I was hoping to get some help into him getting into the Navy..
We saw David Goggins at the Patriot Tour last weekend in Boise ID. He is an AMAZING speaker. If you ever have the chance to see and hear him you definitely should. Please write a book if you haven’t David or make a video of your life story. We’re hoping the Patriot Tour comes to Washington -we DEFINITELY will be going again.
i saw him and other heroes lat night in Kansas City. What an inspiring guy! Thank you Patriot Tour – I love all of you.
I work for a professional hockey team in Manchester, NH, the Manchester Monarchs of the ECHL. I am the Athletic Trainer and Strength & Conditioning Coach. This is my first year with this team and organization. I previously was attending the University of North Dakota and worked with the men’s hockey team on and off. I heard about your visit to the team and how much the guys enjoyed it and received a positive message from it. I would like to see what it would take for you to come speak to our team in Manchester as well. Any information you or your staff could provide regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I have included my email which would be the best way to contact me. I am looking forward to your response.
My name is Lynn Deason. I saw you and Jesse Itzler on CBS This Morning a few days ago. What an awesome story!
I live in Tyrone, GA. I’m currently a computer programmer for Delta Air Lines… and aspiring entrepreneur!
My husband and I have the opportunity to be involved in a brand new company – ground floor Opportunity.
Would you have 10 minutes to speak with me on the phone so I can share with you ? It might not be anything you are interested in. On the other hand, it could be another opportunity to change your life and the lives of others. Either way I would love to get your opinion.
We have several current and past professional athletes involved in this company along with several well known personal trainers: Jen Widerstrom, Mark Harari, and Larry North to name a few.
What is the best way to contact you ?
Looking forward to speaking with you!