Kelly Slater may be the most iconic surfer ever. But he’s not just iconic, Slater has absolutely dominated the last 20 years of the surf world.
He’s won the ASP championship 11 times, 1992, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011. Yup, that’s a lot of years. As a testament to his skill and longevity, Kelly is both the youngest and the oldest ASP champion. How’s that for a resume?
Here you’ll find everything you could want to read, watch or learn about Kelly Slater and his mad skills on the waves. Surfs up!
Text Interviews & Articles with Kelly Slater
- http://www.kellyslater.com/ – Official website of Kelly Slater.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwMgucnnBi4&feature=fvst – Video of Slater surfing.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G7wTNfJ2Tg&feature=fvst – Kelly shares his personal thoughts on what surfing has taught him as an individual.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aBJxYxo1HU – Video of Slater’s 2010 ASP campaign was among the finest of his career. He won four out of ten events, collected four 10-point-rides throughout and secured his tenth ASP World Title.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65DQg5oY3ss – Quiksilver’s Kelly Slater clinched an historic and unprecedented 11th ASP World Title today in the cold and challenging waters of San Francisco’s Ocean Beach.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HayXb7Pi0k – In this episode of “4 Surfing,” Jordy Smith competes against Kelly Slater at the Quiksilver Pro in Snapper Rocks, Australia.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVbieeFn14&feature=related – Kelly Slater & locals surfing river wave at Waimea Bay in January 2011 after river flooded and broke the beach in two and created a continuous wave.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62dnA0hM5rs – A footage shot on the final day of the Fiji Volcom Pro 2012.
- http://www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/Kelly-Slater-the-Chairman-of-the-Board.html –
- Article about Kelly slater and his surfing career.
Videos & Interviews with Kelly Slater